Have you ever sat there, watching transfixed as your phone fell out of your grasp into the nearest source of water (or other liquid)? For smartphone connoisseurs that probably ranks up there with the sickening crunch that comes when your wife’s car backs over something you were sure you placed on the seat.
There’s no way to recover a phone from physical destruction, but occasionally a quick-acting individual can save their phone from a water damage death. Nokia has your back here, and has released a set of instructions for you to follow if you happen to drop a Lumia Windows Phone device into your nearest puddle (it’s probably good advice for any phone…physics doesn’t alter in the presence of WP7),
The lighthearted guide should really be read on the original infographic below, but in brief Nokia advises you to:
1. Get the phone out of the water ASAP.
2. Remove the SIM, battery, and any other removable items from the phone
3. Dry it off!
4. Let it continue drying overnight
4. Test the phone to see if you’ve successfully raised it from beyond the smartphone grave
5. If you still notice any problem bring your phone to us, www.bigfix.in