1. Shreyas Shibulal, son of Infosys cofounder SD Shibulal, has started a fund 'Micelio Fund' dedicated to clean-energy startups.
2. Alibaba has acquired German data analysis firm Data Artisans in a deal reported to be worth around $103 million.
3. Israeli cybersecurity company Radware will reportedly acquire Bengaluru-based bot management ShieldSquare owned by Kaalbi Technologies in the first quarter of 2019.
4. Regional language publishing platform Pratilipi is in talks to raise $15-20 million in fresh capital from new and existing investors, reports DealStreetAsia.
5. Silicon Valley Bank (SVB), part of the diversified financial services company SVB Financial Group, which focuses on funding startups and innovators, has set up a delivery centre in Bengaluru to accelerate its digital transformation, reports ET.
6. Messaging platform WhatsApp has spent about Rs 120 crore on print, television and radio advertising in the past five months as it seeks to combat the circulation of fake news, reports ET.
7. Bengaluru-based SmartOwner Services India Pvt. Ltd, a real estate marketplace for investors, has launched a real-estate private equity fund with a target size of Rs 500 crore ($71 million) and a greenshoe option of Rs 500 crore, reports VCCircle.