Telecom & Startup News
• BSNL Receives Previously Surrendered 4G Spectrum from Government in 2500MHz Band DoT’s
• Request for Formula Irks TRAI
• Govt refuses protection to Jio against RCom’s past liabilities
• Reliance Jio may capture 51% revenue market share in 3 years: Analysts
• Supreme Court admits Vodafone Idea’s appeal in tax matter
• 700 MHz Spectrum: Railways, DoT, on a collision course over reservation
• Apple to hold talks with Indian govt after battering in China market
• Data Protection Bill Raises Security Alarm
• Draft IT rules to curb freedom of speech on social media: Experts
• Samsung, Huawei supply majority of own modem chips, Qualcomm says.
• Xiaomi buys 0.5% stake in TCL as companies sign cooperation pact
• Co-living Startup Zolo Raises Series B Funding of $30M led by existing investor Nexus Venture Partners and IDFC Alternatives
• Interior design & build startup, Flipspaces, has raised $3.5 million from Carpediem Capital.
• 21 Capital, an early-stage venture capital fund anchored by Flipkart cofounder Binny Bansal, has made the first close of about $32 million (Rs 222 crore), with over a third of the corpus coming from half a dozen current and former executives of the Flipkart group, reports ET.
• Naspers-funded OLX Group has acquired Aasaanjobs.com for an undisclosed amount.
• Data analytics firm Fractal Analytics is in advanced talks to raise a little over $200 million from private equity firm Apax Partners, reports Mint.
•. Used-phone selling platform, Cashify.in has acqui-hired Chandigarh-based Teksolvr, a gadget repairing company.
• Ashutosh Sharma, secretary of the Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India, has announced in an event of 106th Indian Science Congress that India will soon be setting up 20 physical cyber centers for research in future technologies including Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML), Internet of Things (IoT) and Quantum Computing with a budget of Rs 3,660 crore.